- CESD Transportation
- DCS Athletics Calendar
- Exam Schedules
- Harvest Gym
- Homework/Courses Outlines
- Parent Provided Transportation
- Parent Information
- Resources/Student Services
- School Fee Schedule
- This Year's Happenings
- Last Year's Happenings
- Trustee Update
- Online Payment LINK for Parents Parents, please use this link for paying school fees, ordering hot lunches, ordering from fundraisers or to make donations to programs in your childâ€™s school.
When creating an account, please make sure you click on the Create Account button first. Then you can create your account, and add your child. Once you have added a child, click on Done. To add additional children, please click on the Menu then Linked Accounts and add your other children.
- Online Payment LINK for Guests This link is for supporters of our school (parents and supporters of Delburne Centralized School students, please use the link above).
Supporters can use this link to make donations, purchase from fundraisers or to make donations to programs in the school.
First time users will need to create an account.
Please click on the link, create an account, then click next, and you will be able to add yourself as a support.
A big thank you to everyone for your support of the Delburne Centralized School.
Last Year's Happenings at DCS
What’s Happening at DCS 2019/2020
- September 3 - First day of school for students! The Chinooks Edge School Division COLT members welcomed the students back. Students attended Welcome Assemblies throughout the morning for each division in the school.
- Volleyball tryouts began…ended up with 4 teams: Grade 7 Girls, JH Girls, JH Boys and SH Girls.
- September 6 –SH Girls Volleyball season under way with a tournament at U of A, Edmonton.
- September 11 – Hot Dog Wednesdays began for the year ($1.50 each). The Running Club (50 students) started to practice for cross country runs throughout the fall in Red Deer, Innisfail and Ponoka!
- September 13 – Friday Hot Lunch program began for the year. Every Friday we have school, a Hot Lunch is available at reasonable prices for staff and students. Middle School students took part in an Identity Activity “Minute to Win It” in the rain! Five students on our SAT team went to Edmonton to assist in Kaleido Arts Family Fest and gain some hands on live event experience.
- September 16 – SH Girls Volleyball hosted a league game in Large Gym.
- September 17 – School Picture Day!
- September 18 – Grade 10 hiking trip to Coliseum Mountain, Nordegg. SH Girls Volleyball hosted a league game in Large Gym.
- September 19 – Annual Pancake Breakfast and Open House. Parents and students started the day with a free breakfast then parents could wander the halls, tour classrooms and meet their child/children’s teachers. We also held the Terry Fox Run at 11:00pm with community members welcome to join in. Grade 1 & 2 partnered with grade 9 Leadership students! Water and tattoo stations were available along the route!
- September 20 – Grade 7-9 volleyball players participated in the RDC Volleyball Tournament.
- September 23 – Skateboard Residency for grades 4-12 at our local Skatepark. SH Girls Volleyball hosted a league game in Large Gym.
- September 24 – Elementary Cross Country Running Club participated in the Dawe Run, Red Deer.
- September 25 – Grade 3/4/5 Field Trip to Blackfoot Crossing, Siksika. Grade 11 hiking trip to Valley of the Larches, Lake Louise. SH Girls Volleyball hosted a league game in Large Gym.
- September 27 – High School Celebrations 2018-2019 was held in the small gym. Academic awards were given out to students.
- September 30 – Orange Shirt Day, in recognition of acknowledging residential schools. Grade 3’s started milk delivery to K-7 students!
- October 1 – MADD Canada Assembly in the afternoon. Academy Skateboard Collective Residency came to DCS to work with 4-12 students, teaching them the finer details of skateboarding.
- October 2 – Bus Evacuation practices were held in parking lot. Grade 3 & 4’s went to the Westerner in Red Deer for Rocktober Field Trip.
- October 3 – DCS Celebrates Assembly was held in the Large Gym at 8:45, sponsored by the Servus Credit Union. Grade 2-6 Cross Country runners participated in a Fun Run in Innisfail, as well as our grade 7-9 running team at CENNA run.
- October 8 – Elementary Running Club participated in the Dawe Run, Red Deer.
- October 8-17 – Scholastic Book Fair was held in the Learning Commons.
- October 10 – Parent/Teacher Conferences were held after school. Students Matter meetings took place at Division Office in Innisfail. Our 2 student representatives participated.
- October 21 – School Picture Retake Day!
- October 22 – WE Day field trip to Rogers Place, Edmonton.
- October 24 – Grade 10 Big History Field Trip to Royal Alberta Museum in Edmonton.
- October 29 – First PAC meeting of the year was held at 6:30pm in the Learning Commons.
- October 31 – Halloween activities started at noon with lunch parties in the Primary classes and a Costume Fashion Show (grades 6-12) in the Large Gym. Other activities (games, haunted house) throughout the school started at 2:00pm.
- October WE Scare Hunger Campaign…WE Club collected food for our local Food Bank.
- Our main school fundraisers were held in October. We offered Granny’s Fudge, a variety of Mixing Spoon food items and DFS gift items.
- November 5 – DCS Celebrates Assembly was held, sponsored by Delburne Service Center.
- November 7 – Remembrance Day Assembly was held in the Large Gym with dignitaries from the Legion, Red Deer County, Fire Department and many parents and community members were in attendance. Students participated singing songs and reciting poems.
- November 8-12 – Fall Break.
- November 13 – ELAA event was held in the Small Gym for grades 9-12. This is an exhibition of post-secondary institutions.
- November 14 – Legion Guest Speakers came in to talk to the Grade 5 students.
- November 21 – PAC Meeting was held at 6:30pm.
- November 26 – Green Certificate meeting was held for parents and students.
- Basketball Season began with 2 teams: JH Girls and JH Boys.
- Roots of Empathy program started with the grade 1 students.
- Door Decorating has officially begun for the holiday season!
- Grade 5’s walked around town shoveling sidewalks and giving out gift bags containing Christmas treats they made.
- December 5 – DCS Celebrates Assembly was held at 12:45 sponsored by Barb Marian.
- December 6 – Grade 5 classes hosted the Lost Treasure Sale this year, where students could come and do some Christmas shopping. Items were donated by community members and sold for $1 or $2.
- December 10 – Our Students Matter students had a meeting through Google Hangout.
- December 12 – Safe Riders Presentation for all students.
- December 13 – Grad 2020 Alumni Hockey Game Fundraiser was held at the Delburne Arena, consisting of a ham supper, hockey game (current students vs. DCS alumni and staff), silent auction and chuck-a-puck (sponsored by Servus Credit Union).
- December 14 – Grade 8 CTF class created Happy Holiday Packages to sell to the community at Snowflake Saturday. They consisted of a cedar Christmas tree candle holder, 2 handmade Christmas cards and baking for $10.00 each! The money raised went to the school Breakfast Program and the Delburne Food Bank.
- December 16-20 – Dress for the Holidays all week!
- December 18 – Photos with Santa were taken at lunch in the Learning Commons, $2.00 a photo.
- December 19 – Primary Christmas Concert (K-2) was held with a Dress Rehearsal at 1:30 and Evening Performance at 7:00pm. No admission, but visitors were encouraged to bring an item or monetary donation to the local Food Bank. Big history class went on a Field Trip to Military Museum in Calgary.
- December 20 – Christmas activities were held all day and staff and students were encouraged to wear pyjamas! Leadership students handed out treats to all students. Activities included skating, Christmas movies, games in both gyms, Christmas colouring, cookie decorating.
- December 21-January 5 – Christmas Break.
- January was exam month! Diploma Breakfast Specials were served on exam days for $5. Also, January was a busy month for our basketball teams, between practices and games!
- January marks the month to open registrations for Fall Kindergarten students.
- Grade 6 & 7 worked on Mission Possible Projects and sold cupcakes at lunch. Profits went to the Delburne Food Bank.
- January 10 – The Hockey Skills Program kicked off (6 sessions) at 6:30am at the Delburne Arena. Students participating also received breakfast after on ice time.
- January 11 – Outdoor Ed 30 held a Bottle Drive to raise money for upcoming trips. They raised nearly $900.00 on a very cold Saturday!
- January 17 – Canadian Singer/Songwriter Ryan Laird came to perform and speak to our students, despite the freezing cold weather!!! Ryan was brought in as part of our new YES Program. After his performance in the Small Gym, our annual school group photo was taken in the large gym. Staff and students formed the word YES.
- January 20 – Grades 3, 4 & 5 began swimming lessons (6 sessions in total) in Three Hills.
- January 23 – Last day of classes for grades 9-12. PAC meeting at 6:30pm in the Learning Commons.
- January 31 – Semester Break…no school for students!
- February 3 - Semester 2 began with an assembly for the High School students, discussing the new semester.
- February 4, 5 – PAC and parent volunteers worked 2 casinos in Red Deer.
- February 6 – DCS Celebrates Assembly sponsored by Delburne Service Center.
- February 7 – Middle School Field Trip to the Collicutt Centre in Red Deer, for an activity day.
- February 10-13 – Fun Curling Bonspiel after school for grades 4-12. Each day the teams dressed up according to the theme of the day and ended the bonspiel with a Pizza Party and prizes for all participants!
- February 12, 13 – Grad Photos sessions were held on the stage.
- February 11- 13 – SH Leadership sold roses & carnations at lunch for Valentine’s Day delivery.
- February 14 – Many classes held Valentine’s Day lunches.
- February 17-21 – Winter Break
- February 20, 21 – Teachers’ Convention
- February 26 – Pink Shirt Day in support of choosing kindness at school.
- February 27 – Family Fun Night was held from 5:30-7:30pm in the school. Board games, pickleball and badminton were some of the activities! This fun night was sponsored by FCSS, YES, B & G Club, FSW and PAC. PAC monthly meeting was held at 6:30pm in the Learning Commons. Everyone was welcome!
- March Madness –Tuesdays in March staff and students dressed up according to the theme that day -Beach Day, Twin Day (Go Green Day, Tight & Bright Day, PJ Day).
- March 3 – DCS Celebrates monthly assembly sponsored by the Carratt family. Internet Safety presentations were held for grades 4-9.
- March 5 – Middle School Ski trip to Nakiska. Grade 9 Outdoor Ed snowshoeing trip to Kananaskis. HS Paleontology Field Trip to the Tyrell museum in Drumheller.
- March 10 – Badminton season started. Junior team grades 6-8 practiced Monday/Wednesdays, Senior team grades 9-12 practiced Tuesday/Thursdays.
- March 12 – Josten’s Ring Rep came to show Grads the latest in Grad rings, jackets…
- March 13 – Grade 5 “How Do I Act Online” presentation.
- March 16 – Government of Alberta closed all K-12 schools until further notice due to COVID-19.
- March 18, 19 – Parents/students were allowed to enter the school to pick up belongings. School set up a schedule for when they could enter the facility.
- March 23 – At-home learning began. Teachers connected with students electronically! Families were allowed to sign out a chromebook for additional support with at-home learning.
- March 23 – 27 – Remaining student belongings were bagged, labeled and ready for pick up in the Large Gym.
Staff and students were using Facebook/Instagram for a fun way to keep in touch with daily themes
- April 2 – PAC held it’s first on-line meeting at 6:30pm
- April 6 - Pictures of Pets
- April 7 - Broncos Day - Humboldt Bronco/Organ Donation/Sticks Out/Green Shirts
- April 8 - Acts of Kindness
- April 9 - Virtual Easter Eggs
- April 10 - Build a Blanket Fort
- April 14-17 – Spring Break (no at-home classes)
- April 20 - Crazy Hair (Self Isolation Hair)
- April 21 - Two Cents Tuesday (Share a positive quote, idea, meme to be positive)
- April 22 - Admin Support Professional Recognition
- April 23 - Throwback Thursday 1 (Staff submit pictures from the past and people guess who)
- April 24 - Funky Hat Friday
- April 27 - Music Monday (Share your favorite song or music video)
- April 28 - Decades Day (50s/60s/70s/80s)
- April 29 - Workout Wednesday (Show or tell us how you are staying active)
- April 30 - Throwback Thursday 2
- May 4 - Star Wars Day (May the 4th Be with You - dress up, share a Star Wars quote etc.)
- May 5 - Cinco De Mayo (Tropical, Tacky Tourist, Fiesta Gear)
- May 6 - Weird Wednesday (Share a strange moment from at-home learning)
- May 7 - Throwback Thursday 3
- May 8 - Celebrating Moms
- May 11 - Make It Monday (Show off something you’ve made - a project, a meal etc.)
- May 12 - Limerick Day (send us your original composition)
- May 13 - Wonderful Wednesday - Shout Outs to Special Staff
- May 14 - Throwback Thursday 4
- May 15 - Happy Long Weekend - Let us know your plans for a safe weekend!
- May 19 - Where in the World is Tux (I’ll post a picture of Tux and people guess where he is). For our Graduating Class of 2020, PAC had signs made up for each grad, with their Grad photo. They were displayed on the school ground fence for the week.
- May 20 - Stuffy Day (Send pictures of your stuffy)
- May 21 - Throwback Thursday 5
- May 22 - Fancy Day (originally Grad Day but due to Alberta Health guidelines, we had to reschedule this year’s grad ceremonies)
- May 25 - Mystery Monday (A picture of a magnified object will be posted - guess what it is)
- May 26 - Delburne Day - take a photo in the community, guess where it is
- May 27 - Western Wednesday
- May 28 - Throwback Thursday 6
- May 29 - Make It - Take It (picture of it) - Share It (recipe)
- June 9 – Facebook Live broadcast at 7:00pm. This was held to give parents and students updates for the 2020-2021 school year… teachers, timetable, and re-entry information to date.
- June 11 – Final PAC Meeting of the school year was held on-line.
- June 17 – Last Trojan Tribune school newspaper of the year.
- June 19 – Last day of at-home classes for the year.
- June 22-23 – Return day for chromebooks, textbooks and Library books. MS Honour Roll students picked up their certificates, medals and plaques in Commons Area as DCS could not have an official MS Awards Night.
- June 26 – K-4 Final Report Cards were mailed out.
- June 29 – Organizational Day. Last day for staff. Grades 5-12 final reports were available on PowerSchool.
- June 30 – School closed for the summer.